FUNDAMENTAL SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT
NQF LEVEL 5
WHOLESALE AND RETAIL SKILLS PROGRAMMES
Successful logistics management is based on sound development, evaluation and implementation of logistic principles. This short learning programme (SLP) will benefit individuals who:
- want to upskill themselves in a specific area in the logistics and supply chain industry;
- want to study but have time constraints; or
- need to sharpen their workplace skills in a specific area.
IS THIS PROGRAMME FOR ME?
This SLP enables students to reflect on personal and/or group competencies and outputs by using acquired, highly-specialised, intellectual knowledge of supply chain management. This programme would suit an individual who needs to develop his/her competence in order to analyse how businesses can improve their competitive positions by employing the most effective supply chain practices.
WHAT CAN STUDENTS EXPECT?
After successful completion of this short learning programme, you will be able to:
- has affected the design and distribution networks in different industries
- Understand the role of network design in a supply chain
- Identify the factors influencing supply chain network design decisions
- Develop a framework for making network design decisions
- Use optimisation for facility location and capacity allocation decisions
- Identify the components of a demand forecast
- Forecast demand in a supply chain, given historical demand data, using times series methodologies
- Analyse demand forecasts to estimate forecast error
- Understand the role of transportation in a supply chain
- Evaluate the strengths and weaknesses of different modes of transportation
- Identify the relative strengths and weaknesses of various transport network design options
- Identify the trade-offs that shippers need to consider when designing a transport network
- Identify dimensions of supplier performance that have an impact on total supply chain cost
- Design a tailored supplier portfolio
We offer these programmes as three-day contact sessions or six months distance learning.
OPTION 1:THREE-DAY CONTACT SESSIONS These sessions can be done in-house at a company and allows:
- Three days of focused contact sessions that offer a compact, yet value-filled approach to the area of learning
- Flexibility: contact sessions can be offered at your company premises
- Training from industry experts that includes practical, on-the-job/real-time advice
OPTION 2: SIX MONTHS DISTANCE LEARNING
Once registered for the SLP, students will receive login details to the Student Portal where they can access their material electronically. Study material will also be sent to students and they will be notified of contact sessions where they will interact with facilitators. Students must be able to access the Internet in order to access Moodle, OLG’s online learning platform.
OLG allowed me to do my best and it has been so worth it at the end of the day as I have achieved my Higher Certificate in Logistics Management..
Do you have any questions?
Open Learning Group (Pty) Ltd ‐ Reg No. 1997/020392/07 a subsidiary of Open Learning Holdings (Pty) Ltd ‐ Reg No. 1998/009375/07 Open Learning Group is registered with the
Department of Higher Education and Training as a private higher education institution under the Higher Education Act, 1997 ‐ Registration Certificate No.: 2009/HE07/005.