INTERMEDIATE LOGISTICS MANAGEMENT
NQF LEVEL 6
INTERMEDIATE LOGISTICS MANAGEMENT
Successful logistics management is based on sound development, evaluation and implementation of logistic principles. This short learning programme (SLP) will benefit individuals who:
- want to upskill themselves in a specific area in the logistics and supply chain industry;
- want to study but have time constraints; or
- need to sharpen their workplace skills in a specific area.
IS THIS PROGRAMME FOR ME?
This short learning programme will suit individuals who want to develop competencies to understand logistics concepts as well as the management of logistics operations within an organisation.
WHAT CAN STUDENTS EXPECT
After successful completion of this short learning programme, you will be able to:
- Explain how to develop a logistics and supply chain strategy
- Describe the importance of forecasting in logistics
- Explain the forecasting process and define the various forecasting techniques and when to apply these techniques
- Explain how network integration impacts on supply chain design
- List the stages of supply chain design and implementation
- Explain the various aspects to consider when designing a storage and handling facility
- Define and explain the various cost structures for the different modes of transport
- Distinguish between the different tariff-quoting techniques available in transport costing
- Explain how to manage the transport function at a strategic, tactical and operational level
- Describe the importance of planning and control in a logistics environment
- Differentiate between the different types of performance measures
- Identify the processes involved in the Supply Chain Operations Reference (SCOR) model
- Discuss the aspects that affect financial decision making
- Calculate various important financial ratios in a logistics environment
- Discuss and distinguish between international logistics and domestic logistics activities
We offer these programmes as three-day contact sessions or six months distance learning.
OPTION 1:THREE-DAY CONTACT SESSIONS These sessions can be done in-house at a company and allows:
- Three days of focused contact sessions that offer a compact, yet value-filled approach to the area of learning
- Flexibility: contact sessions can be offered at your company premises
- Training from industry experts that includes practical, on-the-job/real-time advice
OPTION 2: SIX MONTHS DISTANCE LEARNING
Once registered for the SLP, students will receive login details to the Student Portal where they can access their material electronically. Study material will also be sent to students and they will be notified of contact sessions where they will interact with facilitators. Students must be able to access the Internet in order to access Moodle, OLG’s online learning platform.
OLG allowed me to do my best and it has been so worth it at the end of the day as I have achieved my Higher Certificate in Logistics Management..
Do you have any questions?
Open Learning Group (Pty) Ltd ‐ Reg No. 1997/020392/07 a subsidiary of Open Learning Holdings (Pty) Ltd ‐ Reg No. 1998/009375/07 Open Learning Group is registered with the
Department of Higher Education and Training as a private higher education institution under the Higher Education Act, 1997 ‐ Registration Certificate No.: 2009/HE07/005.