NATIONAL DIPLOMA IN FINANCIAL ACCOUNTING
national diploma in financial accounting
This programme covers basic computer skills including MS Office (MS Excel, MS Word, MS PowerPoint) and Pastel Partner. Students should be reasonably acquainted with MS Office prior to commencing this programme.
• Introduction to computing, Window, Email and Internet Installation and registration of Pastel Partner V14
• Pastel language and navigation
• Creating and setting up a company in Pastel Partner V14
• Create and maintain general ledger accounts
• Create and maintain supplier accounts
• Create and maintain customer accounts
• Create and maintain inventory items
• Take on balances and journals
• Supplier processing
• Customer processing
• Cash book, petty cash and journal processing
• Month-end procedures
• Year-end procedures
The learner will be assessed on a Portfolio of Evidence (PoE), summative and formative assessments.
DURATION AND MODE OF DELIVERY
• Grade 10 (Std 8) or equivalent
• No prior accounting knowledge needed
• You must be at least 16 years old
POSSIBLE CAREER OPPPORTUNITIES
• Junior Bookkeeper
• Accounts clerk
OLG allowed me to do my best and it has been so worth it at the end of the day as I have achieved my Higher Certificate in Logistics Management..
Do you have any questions?
Open Learning Group (Pty) Ltd ‐ Reg No. 1997/020392/07 a subsidiary of Open Learning Holdings (Pty) Ltd ‐ Reg No. 1998/009375/07 Open Learning Group is registered with the
Department of Higher Education and Training as a private higher education institution under the Higher Education Act, 1997 ‐ Registration Certificate No.: 2009/HE07/005.